I feel like we’re always talking about our fancy beauty obsessions…but what about those forgotten and miscellaneous drug store items we use everyday? I feel like they’re pretty important and deserve some attention too… So I’ve rounded up the ones that I could not live without.
- Jergens Natural Glow Daily Moisturizer | Seriously…I can’t live without this stuff. I know I’m not the only person who’s legs tan way slower than the rest of their body. This lotion is the perfect fix for a natural, quick glow, and the application is no different that any other body lotion. Just wash your hands after so your nails don’t turn orange!
- Garnier Fructis Pure Clean Dry Shampoo | This is a new obsession of mine. I was a firm believer that I would never find a drug store dry shampoo that didn’t make my hair feel dirty…UNTIL, I actually ended up borrowing this from my mom! Now, I’m addicted! My hair seriously feels freshly washed after application, and it even leaves my hands silky smooth.
- Physicians Formula Vegas Shimmer Strip | Did you check out my everyday makeup routine last week on my YouTube channel? If so, then you know all about this stuff. If not, then you better go watch it! 😉 I’ll make it easy – Click HERE
- Pureology Strength Cure Shampoo + Conditioner | Okay…this is going to be TMI. I used to have bacne. There, I said it. And it turns out it was in part due to my previous shampoo/conditioner! Not only does Pureology give my fragile hair the strength and nutrition it needs, it also makes it smell good AND cleared up my skin. We call that a win, win, win!
- Goody Ouchless Latex Elastics | Can you say, braids, anyone?!? They are my go to when I’m feeling too lazy to do my hair…and are just one of the many styles when these clear hair ties come in handy. Let’s just say I buy a new pack just about monthly.
- Carmex Chapstick | The best chapstick around. I don’t care what you say.
- CHI Silk Infusion Reconstructing Complex | It’s one of those ‘if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it’ things… I’ve been using this CHI hair oil for years and it would take MUCH convincing for me to switch. My naturally dry ends are continuously thanking me.
- Physicians Formula Butter Bronzer | Refer to item #3.
- Simple Cleansing Facial Wipes | In the last few months I have adjusted my skin care routine, and these facial wipes have been a game changer for me. I made a change because, frankly, I just felt like my skin wasn’t completely clean. So now, before my foaming cleanser, I will remove my makeup with these…and y’all, my skin has never felt so fresh or been so clear!
- Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Sunscreen | I live in Florida if you didn’t know…and ’round here we use sunscreen all year long. And like many, I prefer something that doesn’t feel oily, and personally, I don’t want all that spray getting in my hair. Hence, the Neutrogena Ultra Sheer – It doesn’t clog my pours, and leaves my skin silky smooth, with very little leftover residue on my hands.
What are your ride or die drug store products?? Ready, set, go!
This post is not sponsored.
These are the items that I have been LIVING by this Summer…and I guarantee I will continue using in Fall. I know, there have been a lot of super cute trends as of late…but I wanted to highlight the essentials that I use nearly every week.
- Lipstick in Pale Mauve // I swear, this is the perfect neutral pink for Summer. It is slightly more contrasting than your typical nude, while still providing a super fresh, natural, clean look. Not to mention it is moisturizing. And for chap stick obsessed ladies like me, that’s a win.
- Natural Straw Hat // The must-have of must-haves. Tryna look cute but don’t feel like showering? Throw this on over yesterday’s (or the day before’s) hair for an effortless but put-together Summer look.
- Wrap-Front Maxi Dress // When I want to be comfortable yet a little dressed up, this wrap-front maxi dress is my go to. Throw it on with some gladiator flats and a pop of color on the lip and you are ready for Sunday Funday or a casual night out.
- Slip-On Mesh Heel // I am literally obsessed. I wear these shoes MULTIPLE times a week. Whether for work, or all those wedding festivities that come with Summer, these slip-on’s are not only precious (and match everything) but also about as comfortable as a heel can get. You’ll be able to last all day (or night).
- SPF 50+ CC Cream // An absolute Summer necessity. Just replace your facial sunscreen with this CC Cream. It is tinted, with light coverage, for a nice and even look…and the SPF 50+ is all the protection your skin needs. I have been using this all Summer (in Florida) and have yet to get burnt.
- High-Waisted Bikini // This suit has been everything for me this Summer. I’m going to be honest, I haven’t been feeling my most fit. So not only do I LOVE the color and fit, but I love that it’s just the right amount of coverage. I still feel a little sexy without revealing my lower belly (aka my problem area). However, I highly recommend no matter what shape you’re in!
- Dream Big Eyeshadow Palette // I just added this to my beauty collection…and I could not be more excited about it. I’ve been super into shimmers and pinks, and this palette is where it’s at. The shadows are super pigmented, hold without a primer, and honestly are a statement all on their own. So when I’m in a hurry, or don’t feel like wearing eyeliner, I go to this palette for a quick and simple finished look.
- Brunch Babe Baseball Hat // In Summer in Florida it rains a lot…so a cute baseball hat is a must. I rock this at country concerts, when running errands, even when grabbing a casual meal with friends. And I love the soft pink as it’s a fun spin off a neutral…AKA it matches everything.
- Cool Blonde Shades Reviving Balm // If you know me you know that I am a frugal shopper…HOWEVER I will always splurge on my hair. And this Cool Blonde Reviving Balm is something I could not live without. To me, nothing is worse than when your cool locks start to go brassy. Hence, this product. The fake-blonde’s super hero! Especially when you want you hair light and bright for Summer.
- Head/Neck Bandana // I seriously just feel like these are the cutest. A bandana on the neck can dress up any outfit, but I have been super obsessed with them in my hair. Especially when I’m headed to the beach or pool…I put it on my head, and wrap and tuck yesterday’s curls, for a boho, beachy, feminine look.
I’m hoping this list is helpful and practical…and will make your life just a little bit easier and more beautiful. Let me know your thoughts below! What items do you use on a weekly basis?